Seizing AI opportunities is essential for Europe’s mid and long-term competitiveness. The manufacturing sector provides one of the most relevant examples. The challenge is to integrate AI technologies with advanced manufacturing technologies and systems in order to boost their potential in the manufacturing and process industries to improve the quality of products and processes. At the same time, it is important to consider how humans and AI will work together in optimal complementarity.
The EC is now investing in research and innovation actions that will build on the current state-of-the-art to:
- Integrate AI technologies in the manufacturing domain
- Develop innovative concepts and tools of AI application in manufacturing
- Build on the AI4EU platform, where relevant
- Promote the effective collaboration between humans and AI
- Ensure the application of Trustworthy AI
- Demonstrate technologies and solutions in different manufacturing cases